Hi all! I am going to write about my experience and research for my TED Talk. We all did TED Talks on a subject we love or something that interests us. For example, video games or sports. I will share my process and experience on my TED Talk project.

I did my talk on “How to Properly Exercise/Stretch to Avoid Injuries.” To make our talks, we first needed to get plain ideas on what to present about. Personally, I made a list and narrowed it down. 

Next, I started to do some research. To do my research, I started to write my script. Then, I realized that I could ask my therapist for some stretches and information. I put the information I got from my therapist into my script. I finished writing my script after I got the information I needed.

After I wrote my script, I worked on my slides. I had fun putting my slides together. 

After I did my slides, I presented to a few of my friends to get feedback. They mostly said to practice more and maybe edit a slide or two.

Once I practiced my presentation, I presented. Presenting was a fun experience. I am happy that we got to present about something we love or are passionate about. I liked how we talked about something I was passionate about. That made the experience more enjoyable for me. 

Me presenting

Here is part of my presentation…

“With equipment, you can practice light dribbling, passing, shooting, and handling.

As well as other more advanced warm-ups such as squat pass with a basketball were you squat and pass the ball. 

It is recommended that you do it without equipment first then move up to with equipment. 

When asked, Kristina Wulff said, “most people warm-up without equipment first,” so there you have it from a professional therapist.

Dynamic warm-ups without equipment are recommended first. 

I am going to list some and then, we will all do a few.”

A lot of my classmates were happy and liked that I showed a few stretches because it would help them with their sports warm-ups or in general.

From Chris Anderson’s book “Thank You For Coming To My TED Talk”, he stated some tips for presenting such as…

Questions to ask yourself while rehearsing:

– Did I grab your attention right away and keep it? 

– Was I making eye contact? 

– Were there enough examples to make everything clear? 

– Did I sound natural and conversational, as compared to stiff and preachy?

– Did I vary my tone and pacing enough?”

I followed the guide he stated and I did a thorough job.

Overall, I really enjoyed making my TED Talk. 

What did or would you do your presentation on?😋