Hey people! Today I am going to talk about some books I have read in the past few weeks and what I am currently reading.

In the last few weeks, I have read Bird on Water Street,Becoming, and I am currently reading Pop Quiz.

I am going to tell you about Bird on Water Street today.

Bird on Water Street by Elizabeth O. Dulemuba, is a novel about an Appalachian town. Jack, a boy growing up in a Southern Appalachian town environmentally ruined by a century’s worth of copper-mining practices causing pollution. Jack is opposed to the mine where so many of his relatives have died, but his Dad who wants him to follow in the family trade. How can Jack let his dad know that he doesn’t want and won’t mine when he gets older? Jack just wants his dad safe and the lands restored to its pre-mining town with trees, birds, frogs, and nature– all of he’s learning about in school. After Jack’s uncle is killed in a mining accident and the Company implements a massive layoff, the union organizes and the miners go on strike. It seems Jack’s wish is coming true. His dad is safe and he and his mom are as well. What could he want more? The cost may be the end of his home and everything he loves.

I suggest reading Bird on Water Street to everyone. Feel free to suggest any books I should read next! I hope you all will have a safe rest of your day! Have a good one!

One thought on “Bird on Water Street (You need to read)